To recognize outstanding contributions by an individual who has been instrumental in improving library services to adults.
Examples of Service (nomination may include other forms of service)
- Providing or improving technical services, outreach services, support services, facilities, or library education to an underserved area or population
- Providing access to information not previously available
- Providing service beyond own institution (i.e. impact or benefit to other libraries, benefit to local community, model for other libraries of similar size)
- Overcoming limitations of resources (staff, time, funds)
- Promoting library services through exemplary performance that is recognized by the public served
- Delivering improved library and information services through creative application of technology
- Improving public understanding of library and information services
- Creating original work (regardless of the medium used) which contributes to the improvement of library and information services
Criteria for Recipient
- Currently employed in a New Hampshire library
- Nominee may be a librarian or library support staff member
- Nominee may work in an academic, public, school media center, hospital, correctional, corporate or other special library or information center setting
- Nomination shall describe nominee’s professional performance as a NH library employee
- Individuals may only receive the award once
- Current READS Board members are not eligible
Number and Frequency of Award
Only one award shall be presented annually. No award shall be given if applicants do not meet the award criteria.
Deadline for Nomination of Candidates
The deadline for nomination shall be June 1st of the current year.
Presentation of the Award
The READS Award Selection Committee shall review the candidates and select a winner prior to the READS annual fall program. Announcement shall be made at that program. The recipient shall receive a free NHLA/READS membership for the following year. If the recipient is already a member, READS will pay for a membership renewal.