Librarians create policies with the best of intentions. What happens when the policies run up against daily life in the library? The discussion will touch on things like:
- Staff who always forgive fines, and those that don’t
- Patrons who test boundaries
- Explaining privacy law to the mother of a six year old
- Consistently interpreting policies
- Who decides what is disruptive behavior
- Changing old norms
Bring your (constructive) horror stories and be prepared to (kindly) offer your opinion.